Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Grump


I've been in a royally bad mood for the last 5 days, and bad moods are not conducive to blogging, I find. Partly I'm in a bad mood because I feel like crap ALL THE TIME, whether from the nausea - which is not going away because apparently nobody told Bubba that he or she is supposed to knock that shit OFF in the second trimester - or constipation, or allergies and sinus headaches, or fatigue, or whatever. It's a fucking feel-like-crap cocktail over here, and I'm good and sick of it.

And then last Thursday night, I got into Cherry Ames to go to rehearsal, and saw that some person or thing had hit my windshield, hard, with a pointy object, resulting in a big crescent of cracks on the lower driver's side. Y'all, I can't even describe how PISSED OFF this made, and is still making, me. I am so fucking OVER living in a neighborhood where I cannot park my car on the street outside my house without some asshole crashing into it, vandalizing it or breaking the windshield. (All things that have happened to family cars in the three years we've lived here.) I am sick of the gunfights, and the stuff being stolen from my yard, and the break-ins, and the graffiti, and All. The. Shit. I mean, Christ! I know I live in an urban area - and I'm committed to that, I have absolutely no interest in living in the suburbs. I value city living, and being in a neighborhood where white is not the dominant skin color, and where kids from families from different income and education levels all play together at the local playground. These things are important to me. But I am getting real close to my limit on destruction of my personal property and use of violent weapons in my immediate vicinity. Not that my limits matter a good goddamn, because what are we supposed to do? The housing market is plumb saturated in this town, and I highly doubt that we'd get even what we paid for the place, much less making a profit on it. Not to mention that there are still some improvements to be made before it would even be worth putting it on the market in the first place. And even LESS to mention that I have negative interest in moving while pregnant - I did that last time and it's, you know, no good. So we're stuck, and I just have to suck it up and deal with it, just like I have to suck it up and deal with the nausea, etc. If anyone knows of an available donor for an attitude transplant, y'all let me know. I sure do hate being grumpy all the time.