Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Eight Random Facts About Me


I got tagged, yo. Here're your random facts:

1. I am 1/16th Cherokee. (On my father's side.)

2. I'm directly descended from Martin Luther's sister. (On my mother's side.) Yeah, THAT Martin Luther.

3. In grad school, I tended bar at a small party attended by Marcel Marceau, and at the end of the night he called me a "lovely girl" and kissed me on both cheeks. (Funny tidbit: Marcel Marceau could talk the hind leg off a donkey. I mean, he is a TALKER. Perhaps a side effect of his chosen profession?)

4. I think cilantro tastes like rancid soap. This has ruined many a meal for me at Mexican restaurants.

5. When I was five, my godfather bought me a recording of the opera Hänsel und Gretel for a birthday present. It was one of my favorite records growing up.

6. I have never been able to make it all the way through Citizen Kane without falling asleep. Maybe this is because I only try to watch it at one in the morning after going out drinking and/or toking up with friends.

7. There are currently eight large bookcases in my house, filled to capacity with my books, and I have about 6 more boxes of books that I haven't even unpacked yet. I do not consider this to be a problem.
8. I have a thing about frogs. I dig them, and they've kind of become my totem animal. It started with Kermit, and expanded to all things froggy. My collection includes frog mugs, knickknacks, bookends, stuffed animals, candle holders, soap dispensers, earrings, pajamas, pens, and even the Chinese symbol for frog tattooed on my ankle.

OK, now for my tag-ees: Questionable, Christopher, Shan, ShabbyDoll, Matt, Ali, Clarence, Sriracha. Go check 'em out!