Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Oof.


OK. So since I last posted, I've been whiling away the Thanksgiving holiday, sleeping in, reading novels, stuffing myself on leftovers, and - oh yes! - finishing up the last of my Christmas shopping. No time for blogging! Too much fun!

Yeah, that's a good one. What actually happened is that I woke up Thanksgiving morning with a raging cold, which at 12:30 am Thursday night morphed into virulent stomach flu. The purging from various bodily orifices lasted all that night and into the morning; the rest of the weekend was spent either lying in bed, whimpering, or on the sofa, taking baby sips of gatorade. On the one hand, it's a blessing that this happened while Mr. Squab was home anyway, so he could watch the Hatchling non-stop while I recovered. On the other hand, WTF? This was supposed to be a fucking fun family weekend! Rip. Off.

But whatever, at least it's over now except for the mucous-that-never-dies which has taken up permanent residence in my respiratory system. What I REALLY wanted to say was: Today, for the very first time, the Hatchling fed herself an entire bottle, all by herself. She grabbed hold, sucked it down, and then handed it to me as if to say, no biggie, mom, ready for my nap!

So, you know. At least one of us has been making progress.