Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Timeline


1:15 am - The Hatchling wakes up for her first middle of the night feeding.

2:10 am - I attempt to put the Hatchling back to bed.

2:30 am - I attempt again to put the Hatchling back to bed.

3:15 am - Third time is the charm? Not so much.

4:30 am - Mr. Squab finally achieves the impossible.

7:10 am - The Hatchling wakes up for her first morning feeding, exactly too late for Mr. Squab to take it like he usually does.

8:10 am - Miraculously, the Hatchling goes back to bed on the first attempt. As does her mama.

9:15 am - after an hour of sleep, I sit straight up in bed, convinced that I should be taking advantage of the Hatchling's sleeping state to take a shower, eat breakfast, learn Italian, etc.

9:17 am - As I get out of bed, I hit a wall of tired. I can either push through and get up or ...

9:18 am - I think "sod it" and go back to bed for another hour.

I think I'm getting the hang of this.