Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Scared


So, I'm bleeding. Not a lot, but I am. This is really scary. I had some spotting around week 8; it went away pretty quickly and the ultrasound I had right afterwards showed a fetus with a heartbeat and all ... so I'm trying to tell myself that's what's happening again, and it will all be fine. It's not working very well. Here are the reasons it could all be fine: 1) I'm not bleeding heavily, just lightly, and I'm not having intense cramps or anything; 2) I have a fibroid, and I hear sometimes those can cause spotting with no danger to the pregnancy; 3) I have an appointment with my OB/Gyn tomorrow morning, so I should know what's going on, good or bad, at that point; 4) Once a heartbeat has been detected, the risk of miscarriage goes down by about 90%.

These are the things I keep telling myself. It's probably fine, it's probably fine.

I'll keep you posted.